Effective Date: February 1, 2016
Your Personal Information may be processed and stored in other countries (including the United States) where laws regarding processing of Personal Information may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
Information We Collect
Information is gathered from the Turbine Options Sites by us and External Providers.
Information You Provide
We may collect information that you choose to provide on the Turbine Options Sites in a variety of ways, such as when you:
- register for one of our products or services. This information may include but is not limited to your name, address/location, telephone number, email address, company info, aircraft registration, payment information, engine serial numbers, and any information you provide related to your request
- make information available to us via social networking logins, such as Facebook or Twitter;
- express an interest in buying, selling or trading in an engine
- express interest in us introducing you to any of our External Providers
- participate in chats, web forums or other interactive sessions;
- provide payment information for one of our products or services;
- email us or contact us
- subscribe to alerts or provide feedback; and
- participate in surveys, sweepstakes or other promotions.
Information regarding your use of the Turbine Options Sites may be collected and/or aggregated through the use of automated means. This automatically collected information may include information such as:
- your IP address, the type of browser and operating system used;
- date and time you access the Turbine Options Site and pages you visit, and if you linked from or to another website, the address of that website;
- any data collected by industry standards by Google analytics and email marketing programs
- email you open and links you click on within those email; and
- your ISP or mobile carrier, and the type of handheld or mobile device that you used.
Various technologies are used to automatically collect information, such as cookies, local shared objects, and web beacons (generally referred to as “Data Technologies”. “Cookies” are small identifiers sent from a web server that are stored on your device for the purpose of identifying your browser or storing information or settings in your browser. “Local shared objects,” sometimes known as Flash cookies, may be used to store your preferences or display content based upon what you have viewed on various websites to personalize your visit. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies. Anonymous advertising identifiers are increasingly being used on mobile devices and otherwise in a manner similar to cookies. When we refer to Data Technologies, we are including all current and similar future technologies.
One or more Data Technologies may be used on the Turbine Options Sites and other websites and mobile applications (that may not be the Turbine Options Sites) by us, by another party on our behalf, or by External Providers in accordance with their privacy policies. Data Technologies may be used by us and others, on our behalf and on their own behalf, to transmit information to you or about you and connect information about you from different sources, websites, devices, and mobile applications.
We may use a uniquely generated trackable telephone number. If you call one of these uniquely generated toll-free numbers, we (or a service provider acting on our behalf) may collect non-personally identifiable information about the call (e.g. date, time, duration), as well as personally identifiable information (e.g. your name, the number from which your call originated).
We may target and track the videos you view on the Sites. You consent to our tracking of your video viewing through the Site or third party social media for up to two years or as permitted by applicable law.
Location Information. When you download or use the Turbine Options Sites, we may collect physical location information that is sufficiently precise to allow us to locate a specific person or device (“Location Information”). We also may collect Location Information when you visit or are in the vicinity of one of our dealers. We only collect Location Information with your permission (e.g., such as when you agree to provide it to us after you initially access or download the Turbine Options Sites). We may use Location Information and provide it to third parties to provide you with content and services that are relevant to a particular location, such as advertising, search results, External Providers in the area, and direction, to evaluate and improve the Turbine Options Sites, or to provide you with content and services relevant to one or more nearby External Providers
Publicly Posted Information
Information that you make available to us and others via social media networks, forums, blogs, chat rooms or similar functionality is public information that we or others may share or use in accordance with the law.
Combined Information and Information from Other Sources
We may combine information that you provide to us with information we receive from our affiliates and other sources, as well as with other information that is automatically collected. The combined information may include information about your use of the Sites, your use of other websites, devices and mobile applications and information from our affiliates and other sources.
How We May Use the Information We Collect
We may use information we collect for the following purposes:
- for everyday business purposes, such as establishing and managing your user account, providing products and services you request, processing and collecting payments and providing customer support;
- to create listings and advertisements for any engines that you list for sale with us. These lists and advertisements may appear on the Turbine Options Sites and other websites, mobile applications or services of third parties;
- to provide values and/or offers for engines that you would like to sell or trade in;
- to offer our other products or services and/or the products or services of others to you;
- to communicate about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and other offers or promotions;
- to enable you to interact with Turbine Options and our users, dealers, manufacturers and others through various means, such as through our message boards, blogs and social media;
- to evaluate and improve our business, including developing new products and services and analyzing the effectiveness of products, services, applications and websites;
- to diagnose and address technical and service problems;
- to perform data analyses, including market and consumer research, trend analysis, demographic analysis and financial analysis;
- to deliver content (including advertising) correlating to your interests and browsing and usage history, both within the Turbine Options Sites and on other websites and applications;
- to comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies; and
- to contact you via telephone, text or chat.
Applications, Widgets and Social Media
Information We Share
- External Providers. We may share any information about you with our External Providers. For example, but not limited to:
- If you are interested in a particular listing of an engine for sale, information about you may be shared with the seller of that particular engine or similar engines along with others sellers of similar engines
- If you are considering trading in an engine, we may provide information about you to External Providers who may be able to provide an offer
- If you need your engine managed, we may provide information to various External Providers who may be able to perform the necessary service
- Internal Sources. We May share any information about you with our internal people or entities including but not limited to officers, directors, agents, entities that have common ownership with Turbine Options LLC, employees, representatives, and owners.
- Other. We may access or disclose information, including personal information, to:
- protect or defend our interests and the legal rights or property of Turbine Options and our affiliates;
- protect the rights, interests, safety and security of users of the Turbine Options Sites or members of the public;
- protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or
- comply with prudent legal practice as we may determine, and applicable law or legal process.
You are entitled to make certain choices about how we communicate with you.
- You may choose not to provide personal information, even though that might impact your ability to use our services
- If you do not want to receive marketing email from us, you can follow the unsubscribe link provided in those emails.
- You have a number of choices regarding certain Data Technologies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser’s setting to decline cookies if you prefer. You may also render some web beacons unusable by rejecting their associated cookies and disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or opting out at Evidon.com or the website of the technology provider. If you choose to decline cookies or similar technologies, however, please note that certain features may not function properly or at all as a result. You may be able to adjust the use of advertising identifiers on mobile devices through the settings on your device. Finally, if you do not want to use a uniquely generated telephone number, you may choose to not call us.
- If you do not want us to use Location Information, you can decline an invitation to provide that information, or opt out by changing the location services settings on your mobile device, or change the location of your IP address with various programs that you may use. However, please note that certain features may not function properly or at all as a result if you opt out.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 entitles California users to request information concerning whether a business has disclosed certain information about you to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California users who wish to request further information in compliance with this law or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices and policies may contact us as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Access and Correction
Access to information that we collect and maintain about you may be available to you. For example, if you created a password-protected account within the Turbine Options Sites, you can access that account to update the information you previously provided. Additionally, if you believe that information we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, you may request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
We use commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical security measures designed to safeguard information about you in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. Of course, despite these measures, we cannot guarantee perfect security of networks, servers and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf. You provide data to us at your own risk and we do not guarantee its security.
How to Contact Us